Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day Eleven...Road Time

First off…Happy Momma’s Day!!! 

I will be spending mine with my Mom a week late, but in person!!!

 Today was time to leave Memphis!

 However, there is a bright spot…I have discovered how to open all sorts of doors.  A smile, a genuine “how are you”, and a pair of cowboy boots and the world is yours!

I had such a great time in Memphis, I almost wish I had 1 day more.  But instead I’m off.

Today’s Itinerary includes Arkansas and Oklahoma.  Seems like there should be more…

But I was excited because I’d never been to either.  Unfortunately, not much to report.  It was a pretty drive.  Arkansas was a mix of farmland bordered by trees, then forest.  Repeat.   Again and again!  There was however the occasional body of water with trees actually growing in it.
                                              
While in Arkansas I did get a chance to stop at the Clinton Presidential Library.  I’d never been to a presidential library.  Unfortunately they didn’t open until 1 and I didn’t want to wait.  But the outside was pretty.

Oklaho


ma, not much more.  It turned into more farm country, and really I was just anxious to arrive.  I stayed in Oklahoma City next to the downtown BrickTown section.  It was ok.  I decided on an early night so I could have an early start…Big Trip Tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment