Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day Eight...Tennessee Country

Another country day!!!

We left the bustle of the city to enjoy the country side of Tennessee. But before starting, we needed a hearty breakfast. And that we found at my new favorite place the Loveless Cafe. Yummy!

You know how when you go to Olive Garden it really doesn't matter what you order because you know you'll fill up on breadsticks? Same idea only this one is better...biscuits and fresh jam!!!  I didn't want to leave the table. Not only that but the food was good too!




So after we pulled (or rolled) ourselves out of the cafe, we drove along the Natchez Trace state park. Green green green everywhere.  There are no pictures because as I formerly stated, I am not a photographer. Also, there is no way to capture this beauty. You just have to experience it!

We spent the afternoon antiquing in Leipers Fork. I've never done that before, but their were some cool things I was actually tempted.  The only thing stopping me was the memory of my garage sale and the thought that I don't ever want too much stuff again (well that and the fact that I don't have a job!)  While out there we came across a find...





It was hard work, all that shopping, so we found a nice little stream to relax in.  Then we enjoyed a couple of rocking chairs with a view and a tall glass of sweet tea.  I will miss the south!



Next we went to Carnton Plantation where a significant role was played in the battle of Franklin. During the Civil wars, the confederate army launched an attack to prevent the capture of Nashville, and this home was used as a hospital. It was amazing to see. Again...no pictures...book a flight and come see yourself!

Finally it was time to plan the evening.  Lauren took me to the Pharmacy, an old school soda shop with awesome burgers.  YUM!  It was a great atmosphere with picnic tables outside and a line of people around the corner waiting to get in.  We were originally ordered ours to go, but a seat opened up unexpectedly so we flirted with the waiter and stayed to eat after all.  That was the way to go!



Next up was the Mercy Lounge.  Where there was an opening band, for the band opening for the headliner.  I got to see a Pedal Steel Guitar for the first time, and gotta say I like it!  It was a long, music filled evening...and I have I mentioned I LOVE Nashville???!

No comments:

Post a Comment