Monday, May 19, 2014

Day Fourteen...Back on 66


On the road again…
Today was all about Arizona!  But I had a few stops left in Albuquerque. 
First was the Petroglyph National Monument.  Unfortunately I left my phone in the car so no pictures, but it was really neat.
Next up was a visit with my cousin Soph.  She has been in Albuquerque for 10 years already!  Hard to believe.  She is a fellow traveler at heart so we had a great time talking about all the different places we’ve been and want to go.  Even better, we had fun reminiscing about the things we did growing up, like Hiking in Yosemite.  That is a particularly favorite family memory!!!
Back on the road, I weaved in and out of 66 on my way to Arizona, and again, I could tell right when I crossed the border.  And the best part about traveling west…I gained an hour!
First stop was the Painted Desert and the Petrified forest!  Amazing. 




From here I made a dash to my next stop, only stopping along the way to see some exciting things…




Then came the drive to Sedona.  On a full moon!!!  Along 89A.  I had heard of this drive and was a little disappointed I didn’t make it during the day until I was it under the full moon!



After seeing this, I was so excited to see it during the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment